Of my food adventures with Marisa and Jo, my top five choices.
- Lee Restaurant. We saw Drake – true story. http://www.susur.com/lee/
- The Oxley. Jason Priestley was dining and taking selfies at a table nearby – also true story. http://theoxley.com/
- Bac Ky Vietnamese Canteen. The House Special Slaw is a masterpiece. And at $6 it’s unforgettable. http://www.backy.ca/
- Masseria. The website is pretentious, but the pizza is great. http://www.masseria.ca/
- Rose and Sons. I love their patty melt burger. There isn’t a better burger in the city – period http://www.roseandsons.ca
We already have our sights on our next destination – Antler.
- We’ll all want to try the Charcoal Grilled Yakitori and the Wild Boar Gyoza.
- We’ll like the Yakitori, and be underwhelmed by the Gyoza.
- We will not get the pasta option.
- We’ll share the Bison Rib Eye, Spice Ash Crusted Rack of Deer, and we’ll debate but probably not get a third main to share.
- For the possible third, I predict the Game Burger. Although, I might lobby for getting another starter throwing out two options – the Jamaican Venison Patty or the Wild Mushroom Tarte Tatin. I bet the Venison Patty would be da bomb!